We're now hiring for a part time Printing Clerk position
Printing clerks provide excellent customer service. They answer phone calls, reply to emails, interact with customers face to face, and are responsible for communicating with customers about their orders. Orders are often sent via email and dropped off in person. It is common to consult with customers to evaluate their needs. Printing clerks process and produce print and copy jobs according to customer’s specifications and prioritize jobs based on deadlines, workload, and client needs, while using print management software to ensure accuracy of work orders. Printing clerks regularly use fax machines, copiers, wide format printers, and bindery equipment to produce small and large jobs.
- Ringing customers out for their orders.
- Working with customers face to face, over the phone, and through email.
- Preparing and producing orders from hard copies and digital files.
- Doing “Quick” jobs, ie. making quick copies, faxing, scanning, and emailing documents for customers while they wait.
- Producing drop off orders such as: large copy jobs, NCR forms, envelopes, presentations, photographs, booklets, banners, and more.
- Multitasking to achieve the quickest turnaround times.
- Maintains a productive work environment by ensuring the “Production Queue” is up to date and that work areas are clean and organized.
- Ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and fully stocked with paper and toner.
- Experience working with wide format printers, copiers, fax machines, and bindery equipment.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Intermediate use with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Requires superior customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Able to routinely lift 25 pounds or more, and occasionally lift 50 pounds or more.
- Expert time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to read, reason, understand policies, procedures and related information, and to provide and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment under pressure.
Interested in joining the team? Click here for an application! Fill it out and return it to the shop or email to firstname.lastname@example.org